- Purdue University, Bachelor of Arts, English, Communications, History
- Indiana University, Master of Library and Information Science
- Indiana University, post-graduate coursework in GIS and database architecture
As deputy director and CIO of the Indiana Business Research Center, Carol Rogers directs its information systems and services, overseeing the development of websites, publications, training, research projects and other services. She sits on the boards of the national Council for Community and Economic Research (C2ER) and the Indiana Geographic Information Council, and serves as the Governor’s Census Liaison.
She works extensively with economic developers, government officials and businesses throughout Indiana and the nation, providing them with economic and demographic information for and about Indiana and its localities. These data are shared through publications produced by the IBRC research staff, web services, training, consultation and analysis.
Significant “big” data collection and state administrative record integrations projects were undertaken as part of the Center’s Information for Indiana initiative. The workforce intelligence system was built in collaboration with the state workforce and higher education agencies and was among the first in the nation (starting in the mid-2000s) to integrate employment records with higher education records; and Indiana Gateway for Government Units, a collection and dissemination platform built by the IBRC to support the digital reporting of state-required finance, tax and other local information in collaboration with key state agencies.
There is some life beyond data—Rogers is a mother and mistress to a rescued stray, Ginsberg; avid reader and biker; past PTA president; lifetime member of the Girl Scouts of Indiana (an award given for her volunteer demographic work for that group); and uses her off-time for other volunteer activities to fulfill her need to serve.
Amazon HQ2 short-listed U.S. cities
Jan-Feb 2017, InContext
Future of work 101
Nov-Dec 2017, InContext
Education required, but at what level?
Fall 2017, Indiana Business Review
Occupation Assignment Engine helps fill knowledge gaps
July-Aug 2017, InContext
Innovation 2.0 - What's in your wallet?
Spring 2017, Indiana Business Review
Indiana's 2016 population a fitting milestone in the state's 200-year history
March-April 2017, InContext
Put these in your workforce and economic development toolkit
March-April 2017, InContext
Millennials Outnumber Boomers
Jan-Feb 2016, InContext
March-April 2015, InContext
Today's Labor Force
Jan-Feb 2015, InContext
- Member, American Society for Information Science & Technology
- Board of Directors, national Association of University Business and Economic Research
- Council of Professional Associations on Federal Statistics, AUBER representative
- Board of Directors, national Council for Community and Economic Development Research
- Member and past Board member, Indiana Geographic Information Council
- Past President, Indiana Economic Forum
- Past Chair, National State Data Center Steering Committee
- Executive Editor, Indiana Business Review
- Executive Editor, InContext
- Excellence in Leadership Award Winner, Indiana Economic Development Association
- Governor’s Census Bureau Liaison
- Past adjunct faculty in research & statistics for journalism
- Frequent presenter at national and state conferences
- Specializations in bibliometric studies, content measurement systems, architecture and user-centered design of information and visualization systems
- Data management and analysis using SPSS, SAS, and MS SQL BI
- Written and oral presentations of complex results for both academic and general audiences