Dr. Conover was recently nationally recognized by the Association for University Business and Economic Research (AUBER) as an AUBER Fellow, in recognition of his lifetime achievements and thought leadership at the state level.
Equally important is that his own staff continue to recognize him for his kindness and leadership qualities. Here are a few of their comments:
- Jerry is an excellent person to work for. His professionalism and leadership have made working at the IBRC a great experience.
- Jerry is smart, resourceful, and really good at what he does. He’s also fun and funny. Add to that—he cares about people and is unfailingly kind. It’s great to have him as both boss and colleague.
- Jerry has created an environment at the IBRC where people are empowered to make change on their own. He integrates creativity into all we do. Theodore Roosevelt could have been talking about Jerry when he said, "The best leader is the one who has sense enough to pick good men to do what he wants done, and self-restraint enough to keep from meddling with them while they do it." And for me, he has instilled a deep sense of personal satisfaction in all of the work done by the wonderful group of people who make up the IBRC!
- Jerry is fabulous to work for and with. He is great at seeing the bigger picture and long-term IBRC goals and making decisions with those in mind. I am constantly impressed with the way he puts trust in his IBRC team and allows everyone the opportunity to show their best work. Not only is he a great Director, his demeanor makes him easily approachable and a likeable person.
- I would say that he is a true gentleman–a very classy guy and I have a lot of respect for his leadership.
- Though I’ve been here a short amount of time, my appreciation for Jerry’s character qualities does not run short; I appreciate his mild manner, integrity, professionalism, intelligence and sense of humor to name a few!
- I find Jerry to be an exceptionally interesting person. I genuinely enjoy listening to his stories. Not only that, but when he is talking directly to you, you feel as if he is truly interested in what you have to say as well! I feel proud to be one of his employees.
- Jerry has been an excellent leader for IBRC. One of the things I appreciate most about him is his constantly positive and cheerful demeanor. I know during one of the many days since I started working at IBRC in 2010, Jerry must have had at least one bad day. But to his credit, I never knew it; he always had a smile and a kind word.
- In addition to being a good manager of people, I appreciate his curiosity and intuitive understanding of technology. This has helped make him an excellent director for the IBRC.
- I remember being very nervous when the school was in the “hiring” process for our director. I am not one that welcomes change with open arms, but Jerry made that very easy simply being himself. Friendly, cheerful, attentive, professional and fair. What more could you ask for? He has provided outstanding leadership and has consistently supported our need to utilize technology every step of the way. The relationships that he has cultivated has allowed us to do so much for the state.